Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Morning Run with Sam

I could not drag myself out of bed this morning for the group run, so Sam and I went out on our own around 8:00. David told me it was 56 degrees outside, but I didn't believe him. No way could it be that nice in the middle of June. Low and behold, it was gorgeous - perfect running weather. Total distance:  6.04. Total time:  51:50. Average pace:  8:34.

My legs felt it today - my mile times were pretty consistent except for mile six; I slowed down to 8:46 pace going up my hill to finish. I'm thinking of either running or biking later tonight. It didn't hit me until yesterday that I am leaving on Saturday for three weeks. The plan for today is to go shopping for the necessities (shampoo, snacks, etc). Laundry has begun, and I still have a few more books I need to read. Oh - I found a recipe for homemade granola bars. The ingredients are very similar to those I use for my energy balls, so I plan on whipping up a batch. I'll let you know how they turn out.


This is what Sam does after our runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment