Thursday, June 21, 2012

6B46 - Run Dedicated to Emily and Phil

This morning, I woke up and said to David, "Maybe I will run in an hour." I then thought about it realistically and realized that this would never happen. People were meeting at the Bettendorf Y and I needed to be there. Emily, Phil, Chad, Jay, and I cranked out six miles before six o'clock. As a matter of fact, I looked at my watch at 6::02 and thought I'm so glad my workout is over! Total miles: 6.15. Total time: 53:10. Average pace: 8:38. Emily and I ran together, and I felt like we were going faster than that, but I am really happy with the run. My legs were pretty stiff from yesterday's track workout, which means I need to do more stretching after my runs. Today's run is dedicated to Emily and Phil. We run together often. I met Emily through Live Uncommon and the 6B46 running group. Emily actually just finished her master's degree and has run a 4:01 marathon. She's currently training for the QC Marathon and has really dedicated herself to her training. Phil is the tech guy in my district, and I actually met him through my husband. Phil introduced me to the 6B46 group, so I suppose I owe him! He keeps me updated on running groups and people around the Quad Cities. Phil recently completed TOMRV and is a talented and dedicated photographer. Both Emily and Phil are hard-working and dedicated. I feel fortunate to have them as part of my support community and the LU race team. Keep running!

1 comment: