Thursday, June 28, 2012

Morning Run with the Bruegger's Group

7:30 a.m. - met the CBRC Bruegger's group and ran hills. Total distance:  7.4 miles. Total time:  66 minutes. Average pace:  8:59. One could almost cut through the humidity; as you know, it was hot! There was quite a turnout this morning. Grandpa, Jenn, and I ran part of the Bix course backward. We took off from Bruegger's and ran down Middle Road until we hooked up with Kirkwood Boulevard. We then turned onto Brady Street and stopped at Palmer to grab water before hitting the hill. On the way back, we stopped at the Quik Mart gas station and decided to skip McClellan and head straight back to Bruegger's. I was not about to argue with that decision; by then, my legs were just trying to keep up. Grandpa picked it up at the end and I just held on. The air was quite stagnate, making it difficult to breathe at times. That being said, we kept the pace easy and walked through our water stops.

I haven't met up with this group since last summer, and I forgot how much I enjoy not only running with them, but chatting with them afterward. With the Bruegger's group I am "Dave's granddaughter," which is totally fine with me. I get to hear about their running adventures, injuries, and thoughts about life in general. This group is just so friendly and inviting. I'm definitely going to have to join them upon my return.

I spent the day cleaning our house so that David doesn't have to worry about it while I'm gone. I even washed the curtains and cleaned the windows. I have a few things to take care of tomorrow before my departure. Jessica and I got manicures and pedicures today. It's sort of become our thing, and it was pretty relaxing, especially the massaging chair. Jess went with hot yellow on her toes while I went with pink.

Oh yeah. I had a chance to catch up briefly with Chad and Katie G. at Bruegger's. The BGXC team ran from there this morning! As my body is definitely feeling this week's workouts, my plan is to take tomorrow off (or at least not run) and then try to get in a longer-ish run Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment